The 2020 pandemic has ruined hopes of thousands of couples waiting to get married. Many had already done their bookings and have lost money, while some were lucky to have got refunds. From what the situation seems like, the virus is likely to stay for a while, but that doesn’t mean your wedding has to wait. In this post, we are sharing more on planning a wedding during the pandemic.
- Select an outdoor venue. Social distancing is the new normal, and you would want to ensure that your guests feel comfortable at the wedding. Outdoor venues are obviously better in that context. Make sure that you have the guest list ready before you decide on the venue.
- Keep it intimate. You only need the important people at your wedding. Respect the families and invite those who need to be there and are more likely to attend. An intimate wedding is the best you can do in these times.
- Make a list of vendors. You don’t need everything for a small and intimate wedding, but some services are essential. The list includes decorators, planners, and videographers. Check for Reverent Wedding Film to get a good deal on videography, and for still photoshoot, you can consider other services.
- Don’t book too early. In normal times, most people will recommend you to book the venue, decorators, and wedding planners, months in advance, but that’s not the case now. You can wait to book, because you never know if the current situation is going to get worse. Window of one month is just fine.
- Get estimates. If you have budget constraints or don’t wish to spend a fortune on a small wedding, make sure that you compare your vendors. Get estimates in advance and check for availability too. However, for videography and photography services, don’t merely go by the price.
Not to forget, be realistic with your planning. While you can still have a perfect wedding film and bridal outfit, not everything will fall in place. These are times of unexpected disruptions, and your pandemic wedding needs to be memorable and not complex and large. Simply put, try and keep things as simple as possible, and always check reviews of vendors before you select one. You can check for independent reviews on Google, or simply ask around. References are always handy for selecting services like videographers, makeup artists and so on.